Saturday, August 22, 2009

Fontainebleau

Yesterday my friend Katy and I went to South Beach for some fun in the sun. When I picked her up she reached into her purse and proudly pulled out an old hotel key to the famous Fontainebleau hotel. This key had amazing powers...it would allow us to basque in the sun at one of the hottest hotels in Miami. I was psyched!

When we arrived, it was absolutely gorgeous...there wasn't a cloud in the sky. We walked through the grandiose lobby, and straight out to the pool...or should I say pools. There were 4 or 5 pools (I think) a plethora of lounge chairs laden with fresh towels, and water stations every 20 feet. Rhythmic beats of reggae floated through the air. This was paradise.

We chose our chairs and claimed our territory, close to the spot where James Bond and Goldfinger sat for that heated game of gin rummy. This was awesome.

Several hours and dips in the pools
later we were famished. We had the best tacos at a place called Lime. Give me chicken tacos and a drink and a nice table outside and I am happy.

I only took a couple of pics but I think you'll get the idea




PS - I totally scorched myself...Brent says I'm a rookie when it comes to tanning...I think he's right.

1 comment:

  1. Looks pretty nice, I went there a few weeks ago too! Hope all is well with school, and thanks for checking out my blog!

    ReplyDelete